It’s Memorial Day weekend, and to celebrate the pools opening up, I thought I’d do a quick little post. I’m currently sunning by the pool (gettin’ my tan on), so I thought now would be a good time.
So, what should you bring to the pool. I’m going to start this off by saying that I am notorious for overpacking, but I think I may have gotten this one right.
1. A big tote to put everything in. Mine is from BCBG and looks like this.
2. Sunglasses. This is what I forget the most, and I always kick myself for it. Mine are a cheap pair from a gas station in Florida, since I’m awful about breaking them.
3. Sunscreen. Yes, you can tan with sunscreen on. As a matter of fact, you’ll probably just burn and peel, then be pale all over again if you don’t wear it. Plus, who wants skin cancer? Answer: no one.
4. A drink of some sort. If you bring a drink from home, that’s two more dollars you can put toward that cute new bag you saw. I prefer coke to water, but to each his (her) own.
5. Earbuds. Chilling by the pool: nice. Chilling by the pool with your jam: awesome. Earbuds are another thing that I’m terrible about breaking, so mine are just a pair of Sonys. I think they were like $15 at Target.
7. A book. Some people prefer heavier reading while some prefer lighter reads for the pool or beach. I personally prefer lighter reads that aren’t too long, but also that will last me a little while. I love reading romance novels by the water, so I’m currently reading “The Longest Ride” by Nicholas Sparks.
8. A notebook and pencil. I find that I come up with some of my best ideas when I’m just relaxing, so I keep a notebook and pencil nearby. It doesn’t have to be anything special-it could just be some papers that you stapled together. But I write down everything from blog post ideas to random thoughts that I want to go back and think some more on later.